the power of all
All ways of doing good bring us closer to a better feature that awaits us.
You are empowered to do. Spread kindness, surprise with generosity, see a need and work to fill the gap. However you choose to do good for #GivingTuesday402, give it your all.
Ready to give? Give now and give every Tuesday with donation code GIVINGTUESDAY. All of our gifts will build into something big.
How can you do good? Be creative. Every act of generosity matters.
Be a Bright Light
- Light your home in purple in support of #GivingTuesday402 or
- Wear festive purple attire on December 1st
- Chalk your sidewalks or paint your windows with messages supporting #GivingTuesday402
- Encourage your business to change it’s marquee to a message supporting this local giving day
- Hang posters and balloons to announce your participation in #GivingTuesday402
- Utilize social media graphics and profile frames (coming soon)
- Take action and tag us at @SHAREomaha to invite others to join
- Search SHARE Omaha to find a cause that matters
- Buy a ticket to a fundraising event, or host your own event to raise funds
- Hold a workplace giving campaign
- Encourage your business to donate a percent of sales (of an item or the whole day) to your favorite cause
Ideas for Volunteering
- Find volunteering opportunities – in-person or virtual – at SHAREomaha.org
- Donate your skills to a cause that matters to you
- Host a volunteer activity at your work, benefiting a nonprofit, for staff and customers
- Encourage your company to announce a Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plan for 2021
Host a Collection Drive
- Collect items nonprofits need (ex. diapers, books, school supplies, personal hygiene products, blankets, etc)
- See and shop what nonprofits need at SHAREomaha.org/shopforgood
Ideas for Acts of Kindness
- Surprise friends or strangers with an act of kindness in honor of #GivingTuesday402
- Share a charity’s social posts to help them reach more people
- Write notes of encouragement to students, seniors and essential workers
- Deliver treats or meals to clients, neighbors, essential workers and those in need
- Get creative! Any act of good moves us all toward a better future.